Monday, August 5, 2013

Geer Street Garden, Restaurant Review


I had been hearing about the GF options at Geer Street garden from my GF daughter for a few months now, but just finally had the opportunity to go check out this downtown Durham dining spot.  Geer Street Garden, offers gluten free bread for 50 cents more, so many of the sandwiches are an option. The manager checked the bread package and said they were using the Glutino brand bread.  For my vegetarian readers, the Glutino bread does contain egg whites so not an option if you are a vegan.   I had the tomato, avocado on GF bread with a side salad, which was very yummy and a little messy, but worth it!  Note the fryer IS NOT a designated GF fryer so if you have Celiac Disease or are very sensitive to gluten you should not order the French fries or the GF fried Chicken or anything else that is cooked in the fryer because of cross contamination concerns.  My friend ordered the fish tacos which were served on a corn tortilla and were a GF option.  You can take a peek at the menu here. When it comes to dessert the wait staff was very nice an offered some of their homemade popsicles or their freshly made banana pudding minus the vanilla wafers.  You can see from my picture that I went with the banana pudding and it was great. I love what Durham in doing downtown and I so appreciate the Durham restaurants taking into consideration the needs of the gluten free community.  The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor casual seating.

644 Foster Street
Durham, NC 27701
919.688.2900


Mon -Thur 11:30am - Midnight
Fri & Sat 11:30am - 2am
Sunday Brunch 11am - 1:30pm
Sunday 1:30 - 10pm


No comments: