Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Gluten Free in NC



I was in Asheville recently where I attended an education event for dietitians with featured speaker Shelley Case ,RD,  who is one of the leaders in the area of Gluten Disorders.  I figured if Shelley could come to us all the way from her home in Canada I could drive a few hours from Durham.   Check out Shelley's website it is an invaluable resource!  The seminar was followed the next day with a Gluten Free Expo in downtown Asheville.  Lots of goodies to taste, vendors to meet and an expert panel of health professionals and support group leaders.  While at the expo I met Jeff SanGeorge who is heading up the website Gluten Free in NC.  Jeff and his family have a passion for food and creating awareness about the gluten free diet.  He lives in Greensboro, NC.  Check out his site as it covers topics and tips throughout the state of NC .

Speaking of Gluten Free Expos, I have heard that Raleigh will be hosting their very own in August 2012.  Details to follow....

No comments: