Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Duke Gardens Farmers Market

Spring is here and what beautiful weather we are enjoying in Durham! I stopped by the farmers market located at Duke Gardens, from 2-4 pm today, Tuesday, and came home with wonderful gluten free goodies. As mentioned in an earlier post Rosie's Plate delivers to Duke Gardens each Tuesday between 2-4, you can place your order ahead of time for delivery. I was negligent in placing my order on time but stopped by anyhow and was happy to snag some cookies and gluten free pita bread. There are about 4 local farmers selling their produce as well. I also loaded my basket with fresh strawberries, asparagus, lettuce and sugar snap peas. Fruits and Vegetables all gluten free, local, and help one attain the recommended 5-9 daily servings for a healthy diet! I love spring!

No comments: