Sunday, March 22, 2009

Locopops: Cool Treats

What a beautiful Sunday afternoon. After meeting with a friend and walking the wall on Duke's east campus I decided to stop by Locopops for a cool treat. The Locopops on Hillsborough Road in Durham was busy with people eating their gourmet frozen pops. These treats are a sort of Mexican Paletas and come in 20 different flavors. The options are listed on a white board in the shop, about half are regular offerings and the other half are "guest star flavors" changing from time to time. When I asked my server about allergy information pertaining to gluten she informed me that the dairy based varieties "might cause some gluten reaction due to the thickening agent that is used." I was curious about the ingredient, but no list was available to review. I checked out the website also, but they do no list any nutrition information. I was told the non dairy varieties such as very berry and cherry hibiscus were gluten free. Locopops has locations in Durham, Chapel Hill and Raleigh and are now operating on their spring/summer hours 12:00-9:00 daily.

Locopops Locations:
2600 Hillsborough Rd, Durham
231 South Elliot Chapel Hill
1908 Hillsborough St, Raleigh

Locopops phone: 919-286-3500

No comments: