Sunday, January 30, 2011

California Pizza Kitchen, Restaurant Review


Recently at Southpoint Mall in Durham with some friends, I ended up at California Pizza Kitchen to talk about the movie we had just seen. I figured I would just order something to drink, knowing that they did not offer gluten free pizza. I was surprised to learn that they are now offering a New Gluten Free Menu! While there still is no gluten free pizza, I was pleased to find a nice offering of soups, salads, fish, chicken and ice cream sundaes for dessert. I tried the white corn guacamole and chips listed under their "Small Cravings" section. This was a nice post movie snack!

Note: the menu does contain the following disclaimer:
Due
to these circumstances, we are unable to guarantee that any menu item can
be completely free of allergens, and we do not assume responsibility for
a particular allergy or sensitivity to any food provided in our restaurants.
These statements seem to becoming common place in restaurants that want to capture the gluten free market, yet limit their responsibility to gluten free diners.....

No comments: