Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Puffins Multigrain Cereal, Product Review




Kroger continues to expand its gluten free offerings. While stocking up on my usual supplies in the Nature's Market area of the store, I noticed an end cap with Puffins Multi Grain Cereal. Puffins Multi Grain cereal is labeled Gluten Free and is verified to contain less than 20 ppm gluten. In addition to being gluten free, each 3/4 cup serving also provides 3 g of fiber, is low sodium 80 mg, and only has 6 g of sugar (which is 1 1/2 teaspoons). And the price was nice too, only $2.49 per box; I do think the usual price is $4.49 and not sure how long the promotion is available. Note: The Barbara's cereal line contains three gluten free offerings: Multigrain, Honey Rice, Brown Rice Crisps. They also have other cereals, so be sure to read the label and choose a GF option. You can download a coupon for $1.00 off at Barbara's website.

1 comment:

VeggieAmanda said...

I was glad to see this, but also disappointed. Their Peanut Butter Puffins used to be labeled as gluten free and now they are not. :-( I don't eat honey, so I won't buy this cereal, but I miss my peanut butter puffins!!!