1. Celiac Disease: New Diet Options 1/19/2010 presented by Registered Dietitian, Leslie Stanford at the Teer House in Durham. Read details from my earlier post.
2. Gluten Free 101 at Rosie's Plate on 1/23/2010 presented by Zach at Gluten Free Raleigh. Class Description from Rosie's Website includes:
Gluten Free 101 Class
Saturday, January 23, 1 - 3:30 $35
If you've just been diagnosed with celiac or wheat allergies this class is for you. Learn firsthand from someone who's been there. Taught by Zach Becker from the Gluten Free Raleigh Blog, you'll learn how to easily segue into a gluten free lifestyle.
We'll cover practical topics including:
* How to transition your kitchen into a safe gluten free kitchen
* What every gluten free person needs in their pantry
* How to read labels & find hidden ingredients
* Tips on how to eat away from home
* What to watch for with personal care products & medications
We'll also discuss the many resources available including
* GF friendly grocery stores & restaurants
* GF knowledgeable Dieticians
* GF Support Groups
* GF Cookbooks & Magazines
This is a wonderful introduction to living successfully, and happily, without gluten!
3. Gluten Free Cooking Seminar 1/25/2010 presented by Lee Tobin at UNC Wellness Center. A description of the Supper in a Snap Series includes:
Chef and baker Lee Tobin will be presenting Gluten Free Italiano! Lee Tobin has worked as a chef and baker for several hotels and restaurants in Pennsylvania, California, and Canada. Lee moved to Chapel Hill, NC in 1993 where he worked for Whole Foods Market in the bakery and prepared foods departments. After a diagnosis with celiac disease in 1996, Lee began an in store gluten-free baking program to serve the growing number of customers on a gluten-free diet. In 2004 he founded the Whole Foods Market Gluten Free Bakehouse in Morrisville, NC, which provides over 30 products to Whole Foods Market stores across the US and Canada. Lee has spoken and given cooking and baking demonstrations at several regional and national gluten free conferences and events sponsored by the Gluten Intolerance Group, Celiac Sprue association, Gluten Free Expo, Gluten Free Culinary Summit, and Whole Foods Market stores across US.
Grilled polenta appetizer
Hand made ravioli
Chicken and eggplant parmesan